Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Basic Troubleshooting for your Security Software

Installing an effective antivirus protection on your system is one of the most important and useful steps, while setting up your PC. It performs various tasks such as scanning, looking for malicious data in your files in the background, and keeps your system highly optimized and safe.

But, sometimes, you may encounter with conditions, when your antivirus software generates various errors or does not work properly. Last week, I found myself, unable to run system scan, as the antivirus application used to shut down intermittently, and moreover, it was showing an error to install antivirus again, and while updating its virus database. Well, truly speaking, I am not a computer expert, but still tried to troubleshoot the issue on my own, by browsing some of the technical troubleshooting websites. After a long and unfruitful research for hours, it seemed that accidently, I deleted some of the other important files of my security software. Situation got worse!

Now, I had no idea to resolve the issue, and most of my Internet transactions are financial in nature, where security is essential. I browsed a phone number of an antivirus support provider to get the immediate resolution to my issues. Thanks to that technical expert, who provided me the instant resolution, and guided with the easy to follow troubleshooting steps, which are as following:

  • Clicked on “Start” button on Windows-XP operating system, situated on the bottom left corner on the system’s screen, and opened the “Control Panel”, appeared in the menu. After that, I double-clicked on the “Add/Remove Option”.
  •  Next, I located my security software, and clicked on the button namely “Remove”, situated next to that. It removed the existing antivirus software, and then I restarted my system.
  •  Then, reinstalled the antivirus software by placing the disk in my system. I double-clicked the set up file situated in the CD, and provided activation key later. After the installation, I was guided to update the antivirus-software, which can prevent system from various issues related to Internet attacks.

So, if you are facing the same issue with your security software, reinstalling it can resolve the issue without taking antivirus help from any technician.
 
YouSayToo Revenue Sharing Community