Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, October 21, 2011

Norton Support: Touched The Pulse Of My Laptop


Advocating ‘prevention is better than cure’ I installed Norton Antivirus 2011 on my hp laptop yesterday. I did, as all do, in a quest to protect system data from viruses and spyware.
Though installation and activation were successful, but when I restarted my system, I was shocked with the Windows response-time. It was almost creeping, I had some urgent work, which I was bound to finish, so I worked for an hour. The performance of the system irritated me a lot.
I took a deep breath after completing it. I was in no mood take any further jolt, so I decided to get it fixed; after a bit surfing I found a portal saying “Norton Support: Quick and Easy”, I read the content, and found it some relevant. There was a contact number as well.
I dialed it, and in no time an expert pick my phone, with a welcome tone: “My name is Jacob, how may I assist you?”, first I thought it could be a robotic response, but I was wrong. In fact, he was a gentleman. I was mesmerized with his way of talking. After taking a bit detail about system configuration he took the remote access of the laptop.
Now, I had nothing do except watching the wizard action on the laptop-screen. What I could see the cursor movement. He uninstalled a conflicting security product from the system, which was outdated, and the changed of settings of the Norton Antivirus.
Later on he performed a “full scan”, and cleared off some viruses, which were available under the hidden system files. He edited the registry settings a bit to delete corresponding registry entries. Eventually, he told me to restart the machine, thankfully, all was well.
He provided me an article with few steps to scan viruses and spyware.
Double click “Norton Antivirus”.
Click “Settings”.
Under “Real Time Protection”, if Auto-Protect shows “Off”, click the status indicator to turn it “On”.
Click “Apply”, and then click “OK”.
In the “Computer Protection” pane, click “Scan Now”.
In the “Computer Scan” pane, click “Full System Scan”.
When the scan completes, click “Finish”.
Close the program, and restart the computer.
If your machine is running slow, and have the Norton software, then you can adhere above steps. Don’t wait, do it yourself.
Norton Help-desk is great!
 
YouSayToo Revenue Sharing Community