Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fix AVG Update Issues with Windows 7

Yesterday, I got a call from US; the customer had issues with the AVG free antivirus and he was looking for a reliable tech support for AVG. He said, “I have the little warning flag on the taskbar on the right side that says AVG isn't turned on.” “It then asks to click ‘Yes’, if I would like to turn it on. I click yes and nothing happens. I still get the warning.” He further added.
I enquired about the Windows operating system running on it. It was Windows 7 64-Bit system. I then asked for the remote access, to which is readily agreed upon.
This type of issue often comes after AVG antivirus update on the system.
I took the system into “Safe Mode”, then run “System Restore” to set the date and time earlier to the AVG update, and re-installed the AVG antivirus. I also configured the software, and finally updated it with the latest virus and spyware definition. I also updated the Windows and customized the Windows Firewall settings.
Then the customer was informed of the resolution, and asked for system restart. He did, and the system ran extremely well, with no conflict, and the AVG product was fully visible with all its features. I instructed the customer on how to update AVG antivirus.
He was satisfied to the bottom of the heart with the tech support. He was so overwhelmed that he said, “This time my heart doesn’t have the bottom to say, ‘Thank U’.”
 
YouSayToo Revenue Sharing Community