Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, June 20, 2011

Getting Ready For an Antivirus Installation

The First thing to make sure before you Install an Antivirus is whether your PC is infected with spyware or not. What I do is get a free antivirus version to scan my computer first. Running a system scan also tells me how long it will take my computer to respond to the complete paid version of the antivirus. If it is dead slow, then I typically format once, but it would also be a good idea to get the latest update of the OS before going in for a complete suite.

It’s not just viruses and malware that can cause irregularities in your programs and applications. Most times, it is conflict with third party software that causes these problems. I make it a point to remove all any other antivirus already installed on my computer before. This is because a conflict in the software would cause both programs to malfunction, making the computer vulnerable to virus attacks and spyware. Also check for all system updates before setting up the antivirus to run. Antivirus Online is a good option, but not a long term one. The only thing I love about freeware is that it’s simple. It doesn’t ask for too many specifications and does the basic. But if you really must have a complete PC security suite, you can even get one from
Tech support online
and have it customized by the service.



 
YouSayToo Revenue Sharing Community